Yoga Retreat auf Südkreta
22-29 Juli 2018 mit Maja Zilih
The Maya Yoga retreats take you beyond mere relaxation in a wonderful natural surrounding, into an experience of a deep nourishment for the body, mind and heart.
Practicing yoga in the most amazing natural surroundings, , combined with nourishing and delicious Mediterranean meals, developing meaningful connections with others, or taking time to be by yourself, all help you tap into your source of strength, creativity, and freedom.
The deepening of awareness, sensitivity and understanding of yourself and your life that takes place here, enables you to plant the seeds of clarity and wisdom for a long time thereafter.
Maja Zilih | The Teacher
Combining Asana practice with mindfulness and teachings of yoga philosophy, Buddhism, Taoism and other, Maja aims to helps the students gain wiser and clearer perspective of themselves and their lives, helping them in this way to become their own life guides.
Our retreat base is located at Agios Pavlos, an area at the Southern Edge of Crete, with a majestic 180° view of the Libyan sea.
The family run hotel can be found on the southern coast of Crete, in a region of exceptional natural beauty. Rugged and unspoilt, the area offers breathtaking scenery and glorious beaches making this a very special place to visit. Overlooking the stunning bay the hotel has a fine restaurant, a relaxed café/bar and a mini market so you don't have to leave for any of your holiday essentials!
in addition under the caffe' situated on the high rock above the sea, there is a bar in a cave formed naturally in the rock. Dance, partys or music concert nights, with Cretan and modern music, at the cave bar with a magnificent view of the mooon reflecting on the sea, offer another option for a wonderful stay. Thanks to the configuration of the cave bar acoustics and the rock, there is no noise outside the complex and sleep in the the hotel rooms is not affected
Daily schedule *:
7:30-9:30 Morning yoga practice
19:00-20:00 Restorative yoga, pranayama, meditation
* Free days (no practice): July 18th and 25th
On July 15th, 21st and 28th there will be only 1 - evening practice
Experience the magical and transformative energy of Southern Crete
The worldwide famous Cretan Cuisine. These are the Yoga Retreat lunch and dinner menus as offered to our yoga retreat teams in a week of yoga retreat.
- Delicious breakfast with local products, fresh juice, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, eggs, bread and honey.
- Homemade dinner with mediterranean recipes, many choices for vegetarians or vegans and fresh fish.
Things to do | Excursions and activities
Once you have reached this Southern edge the continent you can dive to a mesmerizing and reinvigorating landscape.
-Swim in the warm inviting waters of the beach neighbouring the hotel which is also ideal for families.
- Descend to one of the most amazing beaches of Crete, called St. Pavlos Sandhills, offering spectacular sunsets.
Take a tour of the area and rest your gaze on the long oceanic-type Triopetra beach for a swim, a walk, coffee, lunch or dinner at the fantastic taverns with a breathtaking sea view.
- Enjoy the sunset view from the comfort of your room or at the yoga veranda.
- Hike the beautiful gorges of Rethymno. Kourtaliotis (length: 3 km) is one of the most spectacular natural attractions of Rethymnon.The huge cliffs of the canyon reach a height of - 600 meters and are full of caves, where significant fauna species live.
Or go further to the west, to the worldwide known Samariá Gorge. A National Park of Greece and a World's Biosphere Reserve. It will take 6 hours to cross it so plan wisely. There is a boat departing from Agios Pavlos to Samaria’s sea mouth (Agia Roumeli) and you can always visit without walking the gorge to its North exist.
- Visit Beach of Preveli, also known as Lake Preveli or Phoenix. During the 60s and 70s, it was a favorite destination for hippies. On the banks of the Grand River there is a large colony of Theophrastus palm trees, which give the region a sense of an African landscape. The river, forming a large lake, 1.5km long, before emptying into the sea, has water all year round. You can walk along the river, under the shade of palm trees and other trees, and start ascending in the beautiful canyon
For more information on the area and the sightseeing choices you can check: http://www.cretanbeaches.com/
How to get there
Heraklion is the Crete’s region capital city and there are direct flights to and from all major cities in Europe and the world.
You can reach the retreat location by car or taxi. You are encouraged to rent a car – eventually together with other participants – as it will help you greatly enjoy at the maximum the gorgeous and wild paradise of Southern Crete.
- There is a taxi or bus service you can contact prior to the trip with Ms Maria the local taxi driver who will bring you - and take you back - safely and comfortably with her Mercedes to and from this paradise.
More information here: www.taxiagpaulos.gr
The Agios Pavlos hotel provides accommodation in two complexes, one on the rock right above the sea and near the restaurant and another one on the Cavos Meliss rock on a higher panoramic spot and near the yoga platform. Usually retreat participants stay at Cavos Melissa, although depending on availability other options in the area are also considered
Almost all rooms offer a breathtaking view of the beach or the panorama of the Libyan sea
Early bird price for 1 week, until May 1st Price for 1 week, after May 1st
Single room occupancy: 1170,00 Single room occupancy: 1250,00
Double room occupancy: 950,00 Double room occupancy: 1050,00
Triple room occupancy: 850,00 Triple room occupancy: 950,00
Early bird price for 2 weeks, until May 1st Price for 2 weeks, after May 1st
Single room occupancy: 2250,00 Single room occupancy: 2400,00
Double room occupancy: 1800,00 Double room occupancy: 2000,00
Triple room occupancy: 1600,00 Triple room occupancy: 1750,00
Special discount 5% is valid on all prices for very early payments before February 1st
Price includes accommodation, all yoga classes, and rich breakfast and dinner daily.
Prices include VAT
Contact details in Vienna
Contact details in Athens
Athens Yoga Center
Louissis Riankour 65-67