Yoga Retreat on Southern Crete
Full 2 weeks retreat: 15-29 July 2018
Week 1: 15-22 July 2018 with Maja Zilih
Week 2: 22-29 July 2018 with Maja Zilih
Our retreats take you beyond mere relaxation in a wonderful natural surrounding, into an experience of a deep nourishment for the body, mind and heart.
Daily practice of yoga, delicious Mediteraenan meals, and company of great yoginis and yogis, all combine to support your connection with your inner source of strength, creativity, and freedom.
The deepening of awareness, sensitivity and understanding of yourself and your life that takes place here, enables you to plant the seeds of clarity and wisdom for a long time thereafter.
The family run hotel can be found on the southern coast of crete, in a region of exceptional natural beauty. Rugged and unspoilt, the area offers breathtaking scenery and glorious beaches making this a very special place to visit. Overlooking the stunning bay the hotel has a fine restaurant, a relaxed café/bar and a mini market so you don't have to leave for any of your holiday essentials!
Retreats with Maja nourish the soul, and plant the seeds of clarity and wisdom for a lifetime. Practitioners become more skillful in navigating through life's difficulties. So many of her students choose to come again and again each summer because, as they say, “it charges their batteries for a full year of ups and downs”. Combining strong asana practice with teachings of yoga philosophy, Buddhism, Taoism and other, she helps the students gain wiser and clearer perspective of themselves and their lives, helping them in this way to become their own life guides.
Daily schedule *:
7:30-9:30 Morning yoga practice
19:00-20:00 Restorative yoga, pranayama, meditation
* Free days (no practice): July 18th and 25th
On July 15th, 21st and 28th there will be only 1 - evening practice
Experience the magical and transformative energy of Southern Crete
All yoga will be suitable for everyone, thanks to the teachers' years of experience with mixed level classes, their broad knowledge of the students' needs, and skilful adaptation of all poses so that they benefit each student.
- Delicious breakfast with local products, fresh juice, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, eggs, bread and honey.
- Homemade dinner with mediterranean recipes, many choices for vegetarians or vegans and fresh fish.
THINGS TO DO
-Swim in the warm inviting waters of the beach neighbouring the hotel which is also ideal for families.
- Descend to one of the most amazing beaches of Crete, called St. Pavlos Sandhills, offering spectacular sunsets.
- Enjoy the sunset view from the comfort of your room or at the yoga veranda.
- Hike the beautiful gorges of Rethymno. Kourtaliotis (length: 3 km) is one of the most spectacular natural attractions of Rethymnon.The huge cliffs of the canyon reach a height of - 600 meters and are full of caves, where significant fauna species live.
- Visit Beach of Preveli, also known as Lake Preveli or Phoenix. During the 60s and 70s, it was a favorite destination for hippies. On the banks of the Grand River there is a large colony of Theophrastus palm trees, which give the region a sense of an African landscape. The river, forming a large lake, 1.5km long, before emptying into the sea, has water all year round. You can walk along the river, under the shade of palm trees and other trees, and start ascending in the beautiful canyon
For more information on the area and the sightseeing choices you can check: http://www.cretanbeaches.com/
Early bird price for 1 week, until May 1st Price for 1 week, after May 1st
Single room occupancy: 1170,00 Single room occupancy: 1250,00
Double room occupancy: 950,00 Double room occupancy: 1050,00
Triple room occupancy: 850,00 Triple room occupancy: 950,00
Early bird price for 2 weeks, until May 1st Price for 2 weeks, after May 1st
Single room occupancy: 2250,00 Single room occupancy: 2400,00
Double room occupancy: 1800,00 Double room occupancy: 2000,00
Triple room occupancy: 1600,00 Triple room occupancy: 1750,00
Special discount 5% is valid on all prices for very early payments before February 1st
Price includes accommodation, all yoga classes, and rich breakfast and dinner daily.
Prices include VAT
Contact details in Vienna
Contact details in Athens
Athens Yoga Center
Louissis Riankour 65-67