Sensit Yoga Immersion 2 explores the nervous sytem, allowing us to gain deeper understanding of its states, flows, and transitions, within the practice of restorative yoga, Yoga Nidra and Meditation.
These three practices directly influence our way of feeling and being, by calming the sympathetic and activating the parasympathetic system. We experience this shift as an almost immediate relaxation. However, there is a much deeper effect taking place over a longer period of time. Regulary observing our nervous system in restorative yoga, nidra and meditation, trains us to perceive it's states and changes, and thus helps us influence and direct our inner response in various daily challenges. We become better attuned to the moments when the stress response gets triggered in our body, and we train to skilfully deal with it before it escalates outside manageble proportions.
Restorative yoga uses gravity and other forms of support (walls, cushions, chairs blocks) to create gentle passive openings in the tissues and achieve relaxation in the entire neuro-muscular system of the body.
Maintaining restorative postures releases, hydrates and revitalizes fascia and other connective tissues in the body. It allows those areas of the body that tend to accumulate stress, to gradually soften the resistance and surrender to gravity. This process calms the nervous system relatively quickly, but when performed with regularity, it becomes "imprinted" as a new habit of releasing stress at will. Gradually, this practice can lead to the prevention of future accumulation of tension in the muscles, fascia and the organ system.
During the seminar you will learn
- The basics of the central-peripheral, somatic-autonomic nervous system divisions, to distinguish the motor and sensory properties of the nervous system, as well as the sypmathetic, parasympathetic and enteric braches of the autonomous nervous system. You will learn how to recognise and embody states, transitions and associated pathways. You will experience the flow between the sympathetic and parasympathetic limbs of the autonomic nervous system, and you will learn to stimulate the parasympathetic vagus nerve. Embodied understanding of the workings of our nervous system changes the way we respond to the demands of the environment.
- Different restorative postural sequences that you can fit into your daily routine to feel the profound therapeutic effect of restorative yoga on the entire body-mind-system
- How to consciously release tension from the muscles and organs and with the help of interoception. Recognizing the early signs of stress building up helps us address it before it escalates to a level that is difficult to manage.
- Hands-on practice that is deeply calming and meditative, allowing both the facilitator and the fascilitated person to reach new depth of awareness of themselves and the workings of their inner layers
Teachers will additionally benefit from learning:
- The appropriate sequences for a complete restorative yoga session,
- Creation of atmosphere, structure of the class, duration of stay in poses, transition elements, timing, guidance
- Restorative postures that can be inserted in the beginning or at the end of any regular yoga class
- Variations of poses to accommodate different students' needs
- Sensit Yoga Methodology
- Yoga Nidra basic and more advanced practices with relevant time distribution
- Meditation techniques, some common resistances and myths about meditation, and how to help yourself and your students acquire a consistent meditation practice at home.
Dates & Hours
Friday 09:00 -12: 00 & 13: 30-16: 30
Saturday: 08:00 -11: 00 & 13: 00-16: 00
Sunday: 09:00 -12: 00 & 13: 30-16: 30
230 euros + tax
In case of cancellation:
40 days before the event, 100% refund (excluding bank commission)
1 month before the event, 50% refund (excluding bank commission)
Less than a month before the event, no refund
The hours of this program count towards
- Athens Yoga - 300h Advanced Yoga Teacher Training - RYT-500 certification, Yoga Alliance International and
- Sensit Yoga 300h Advanced Yoga Teacher Training by Maja Zilih