The hours of study count towards the continuing MayaYoga - Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 300hrs, leading to RYT-500 Yoga Alliance International.
The focus of this module is on bringing inspirational themes from your life, yoga philosophy and mythology into your every-day yoga classes. The aim is to facilitate and increase your own level of comfort and ease in teaching yoga by discovering what inspires you and connects you to your innermost being. This in turn will help keep your classes rich and spiritualy elevating, while at the same time down-to-earth, relevant and applicable to your student's daily life challenges.
- Daily yoga practice inspired by the themes from nature, inner orientation and awareness, asana qualities, Ramayana characters, Yoga Sutras, and Tantric texts
- Some of the most significant empirical-philosophical teachings of the aforementioned texts.
- The myths and symbolism behind yoga poses (sages, warriors, dieties, triads, etc)
- Using nature metaphors to inspire students who don’t relate easily to spiritual/religious teachings (eg. the Mountain, the Sun, the Tree)
- Embodying what you intend to transmit
- Understanding the main messages from the yogic texts, making them contemporary and relevant and threading them throughout the class.
- Making the connections between the philosophical inspiration and physical practice.
- Using clear, articulate, effective, and timely language.
- Engaging in a creative process to help you find your own unique voice and enable it to flourish in its own genuine expression.
- Exercises to help us stay in our body while teaching a class
- Creating a theme plan, as well as verbalizing and effectively summarizing a theme.
- Exercises in using metaphors in a way that inspires you and your students.
- Practicing making connections between philosophical teachings and body-breath based practice.
- On the spot teaching exercises in small groups.
Dates & Hours
26 , 27 and 28 .01.18
9:00 -12.00 & 14.00-17.00
Cost: 330 euros
Early Bird payment before December 24th: 310 euros
THE HOURS OF STUDY COUNT TOWARDS THE CONTINUING MAYA YOGA ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 300HRS, LEADING TO RYT-500 YOGA ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL.