Advanced yoga poses require advanced teaching techniques.
You will learn safe alignment and smart sequencing strategies that will enable you to guide your students in and out of the intermediate and advanced postures. As a teacher, you will improve your vision and assessment as to how your students need to refine their existing poses and what variation of a pose they are ready for.
- Learn how to sequence and teach advanced poses effectively, safely and without over-exhausting your students. Get your own practice highly upgraded as well.
- Practice how to safely lift students up in inversions, how to precisely hold them for drop-backs, and how to help them achieve deeper stretches and openings.
- Learn how to deconstruct advanced poses into their key challenging elements, and design an optimal strategy for each part, always keeping in mind the different body types of your students. This will enable you to teach amazing mixed-level classes, where every student will experience progress, regardless of their level of practice.
- Safe alignment, effective sequences, creative the use of props and pose-as-project approach, will make Natarajasana, Visvamitrasana, Mayurasana, Adho Mukha Vrksasana press-ups, Drop-backs, Eka Pada Galavasana, Vrischcikasana, Pincha Mayurasana variations and other postures and transitions more accessible and fun.
- Whether you are a new teacher, or an experienced one, you will benefit from this workshop immensely, as long as you are dedicated to learning and increasing the quality of your teaching.
- You will gain more and more confidence as a teacher, leaving the training with lots of enthusiasm and ready to take your students to the next level.
You will learn a whole set of sequences that make the more advanced poses accessible and fun. You will learn which variations to offer so that each of your students leaves your class with something to be happy about, and something to work on! You will help your students to safely and skillfully evolve to the next level!
DATES & HOURS
03.11.16 Thursday: 9:00 -12.00 & 14.00-16.00
04.11.16 Friday: 9:00 -12.00 & 14.00-16.00
05.11.16 Saturday: 8:00 -11.00 & 13.00-15.00
06.11.16 Sunday: 9:00 -12.00 & 14.00-16.00
240 euros + VAT.
The hours of study count towards the continuing Athens Yoga - Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 300hrs, leading to RYT-500 Yoga Alliance International.