Sensit Yoga Teacher Training 200 hours, 2022
with Maja Zilih
Yoga Alliance International accredited
Sensit Yoga is a unique yoga practice of awakening consciousness in the different layers and systems of our body by moving with presence, curiosity, and enhanced sensitivity.
In Sensit Yoga Teacher Training you will learn to guide students into a mindful and meditative exploration of their body, breath and mind. You will train to apply the abundant knowledge that you will acquire about different systems including the skeletal, myofascial, the system of the organs, fluids, and the nervous system.
You will learn to teach both slow and more dynamic yoga classes, always with emphasis on the importance of sensing and feeling our body's capacities and boundaries, and moving from within instead of aiming at a certain external physical shape.
This approach will be supported by a great number of modifications and adaptations of poses that you will learn. In this way your yoga classes will be accessible to people of different levels of physical strength, age, body shapes, flexibility and other factors. Students will be coming to your classes knowing that advanced yoga is no other than moment to moment inquisitive observation, taken into action. Students will be able to free themselves from the old patterns of forcing themselves into the poses, as you help them create new patterns of listening and being guided by their body's inner wisdom. A cultivation of a kind, present and supportive inner relationship brings about healing and integration of the body-mind. It leads to knowing oneself and discovering new levels of freedom in moving, thinking and being.
You will learn to be expressing yourself clearly and with very explicit instructions while at the same time being in your own body, connected to your own body and your intuitive wisdom.
Studying yoga with Maja means
- being on a path of continuous research and study, ever-expanding your perception and knowledge about the human body-mind, respectful towards the yoga tradition, but always open to exploring the new findings emerging from the field of yoga and other movement modalities, functional exercise and kinesiology.
- cultivating commitment to healing and growth on a physical, intellectual and spiritual level
- continuously improving your teaching skills and capacities
- enhancing your capacity for intuition, sensitivity and awareness of your students' needs, and how you can be of service to their path of progress.
“In the 200hr program my primary focus is on creating a safe and supportive environment where every student can learn, grow and discover the teacher that they want to become. Learning how to teach yoga arises for each individual from their own unique experience of yoga (union), combined with detailed but comprehensible methodology of teaching.
Throughout the months we spend together, we continuously explore and share how the teachings of yoga relate to our own inner landscapes. Every weekend we cover such a large amount of material, that if we failed to discover the link between the wisdom of the ancient teachings and our own modern lives, the bulks of information gathered would have been simply overwhelming.
We work in a dynamic and interactive way to encourage the expansion of our potential, yet we also observe and appreciate each person’s individual learning curves, and differences that we all display in the way that this potential will finally be manifested and expressed through each teacher.
More than anything I try to give each student tools and inspiration to Live the path of Yoga. During the course the students dive deeply into the interoceptive awareness - experiential study of the Self, having an opportunity to make an important shift towards healthier and more balanced lifestyle. In this way, as much as it is about teaching yoga, the training courses are also about self-discovery, development and transformation."
Who is the 200hr program for
The 200-hour program is ideal for students who wish to teach yoga, for students who wish to dive deeply into yoga practice and study, as well as for the existing teachers of yoga who wish to experience Sensit Yoga method.
If you are a passionate yoga practitioners who wishes to engage in a rich and creative learning atmosphere where you will:
- Immerse yourself in all aspects of yoga – asana, anatomy and alignment from within, modifications and therapeutics, philosophy, meditation, art and skills of teaching yoga, ethics and yoga business and other.
- Learn how to prioritise the experience - sensing, feeling, understanding your body in movement - over the shapes and forms
- Learn how to enrich your classes with functional movement, strengthening and coordination exercises
- Learn how to create a class safe for students of all levels based on good sequencing and pose modifications
- Dive into the philosophy of yoga from the Vedas to the Tantra contemplating the wisdom conveyed by these ancient texts in close connection to the present-day challenges we face as individuals and as societies of our modern world.
- Discover and learn to trust and to express your unique gifts, voice, creativity and authenticity as a teacher.
- Learn how to convey the connection between the yoga class and an everyday life, so that students can always take what they learned into their life and relationships
The prerequisites for participation
- A minimum of 1 year of regular and committed yoga practice
- A written application and an interview with Maja
Dates and Times
To be announced
Areas of Study
- Asana and other movement through the exploration of gravity, bones, muscles, fascia and organs.
- Energy body (chakras, nadis, vayus) and pranayama study (breathing techniques). How to help your students experience the connection of body and mind through pranayama.- Embodied anatomy and physical alignment in asana. The therapeutic dimension, counter indications, and applications on a variety of body types.
- Common yoga injuries, and how to avoid them. Stabilizing and strengthening exercises as preparation for asana.- Asana categories and progressive sequencing
- Intuitive movement: Helping the students deepen their awareness and sensitivity in movement- Restorative poses and use of props (blocks, straps, chairs, blankets).
- Introduction to meditation. Homework for establishing daily meditation practice- History and philosophy of yoga. The relevance of the ancient philosophy texts to our modern times. The Vedas. The Upanishads. The Bhagavad Gita. Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. The Tantras. Basic Sanskrit and names of poses.
- Methodology: Skillfully designing classes that.a) have a good structure, leading from centering and meditation to warm ups, culmination, grounding and relaxing,
b) Are inspiring and elevating, designed within the spiritual context of yoga and other life-philosophies and
c) Always offer students something to apply in their daily lives.
- Methodology of using speech, tone of voice, teaching speed and asana demonstrations in different stages of the class and under different circumstances.- Class design for beginners, middle level and advanced students. Designing mixed level classes.
- Lifestyle, ethical principles and code of principles-values for yoga teachers.- How to start your career as a yoga teacher. Legal and economic issues (trademark, copyright, data protection, rights and liability, discrimination issues, special matters of liability and quality services, market research, marketing and advertising, trends research).
- Practicum and volunteer teaching to a social group in need.
- Studying, recording, homework, written assignments.
Maja is a passionate explorer of yoga as a process of growth. Her ife and teachings are dedicated to connecting with people with devotion and care, while her teaching method combines dynamism with applicable, mindful, and embodied approach to physical movement, respecting the needs of each individual, and inviting them to descover their true potential.
She is most interested in ways that physical movement, breath attention, mental observation and yoga philosophy can all be combined to help us navigate through life's challenges more skillfully and more efficiently. She aims at raising an understanding that yoga is here to equip us with strength and strategies that we need in order to unfold the process of healing the relationship with ourselves, with others and with the planet.
Maja's note: The outside world is merely a reflection of our inner state. Increasingly integrating (the seemingly scattered) parts of the self through yoga and other awareness practices, we begin to see the profound connections and interdependence everywhere we look. From the separation dream, we gradually wake up to the fact that our individual spiritual growth is both contributing to, and strongly dependent on the degree of the evolution of the collective. Whether through meditation, mindful asana practice, aware and respectful parenting, acts of self-nurture, being in service to the underprivileged, or through simple random acts of kindness, yoga truly comes alive when the context behind our actions is a desire to contribute to the elevation of the consciousness level of the humanity as a whole.
Pay in full before December 31st, 2021: € 3250
Pay in 4 installments: € 3600
€ 900 - by February 20th 2022
€ 900 - by April 1st
€ 900 - by May 1st
€ 900 - by Jun 1st
The price includes all the contact hours, one-on-one mentoring hours, essay assessment, as well as
- the anatomy webinars that one has access to for a lifetime,
- the asana book
- a rich folder with material on all the topics covered
- 50% discount on monthly ticket at Amazing Yoga
Additionally, students will need to purchase on their own 4 books, approx. price 20 Euros each.
Up to 2 months before the start, 100% refund
From 2 months to a month before the start 70% refund
From 1 month to 2 weeks before the start 30% refund
After 2 weeks before the start, no refund.
In case of cancellation of the course: 100% refund
2. Written testimonials
"Maja is a brilliant teacher and a true inspiration, a source of deep knowledge and an example to aspire to. A beautiful balance of body and mind, movement and breath, earth and soul! And together with the rest of the team of exceptional teachers they offer a first-rate and well-rounded program that focuses on all the necessary aspects; the practice of yoga (asanas), philosophy, lesson planning and classroom skills, self-development, anatomy, alignment and how to practice and teach both effectively and safely (extremely important and unfortunately often underestimated and overlooked).
I definitely recommend this teachers training course to anyone who wishes to grow his/her yoga practice and dive into this magical world, even if they are not quite sure if they want to make the leap towards teaching or not. A life-enhancing (if not downright life-changing) experience! Thank you Maja and all you amazing yogis! Love and light to you all!!" - Wanda Pierri, 2014
"I signed up for this teacher training in order to get to know more about the rich tradition of yoga. The environment, the program itself and the teachers' approach all exceeded my expectations. Everyone's offer of knowledge, the educational material we received as well as all the guidance was only the beginning. I continue learning every day through my practice and the tools we were given during the teacher training and through the community of teachers and students. The most important gift of this training is perhaps the confidence and faith in our power.
Teaching comes so early in this training that it leaves no room for doubt. We started teaching from the very first steps of the training which filled me with confidence and put me in the mood for more knowledge and experience. The teacher training is an invaluable experience whichever reasons initially bring you to it." Tina Tsaleza, 2014
"I first went to a training intuitively after years of yoga practice. Today I am grateful to my teachers for the body & soul transformation I went through. I am full of confidence and responsibility around the infinite science called YOGA. I have already started teaching. I wish to other fellows to take this wonderful journey to confidence, empowerment, healing and lastly, joy. I want to thank my experienced teachers for transmitting their knowledge with lovingly and respectfully. These words come out from my soul. I am thankful and grateful now and forever." – Ioanna Loudarou, 2014
"A unique and special experience for your body and mind which fills you with confidence regarding your own possibilities. The teachers were characterized by their responsibility and their special ability to transmit knowledge. A very special journey into the inner world." – Eleni Demeka, 2014
"A yoga teacher training is not only about learning how to teach. Apart from the complete knowledge on the topic, it is an invitation to self-discovery. The training highlights this holistic approach about what is yoga, what is to teach yoga and to practice, not only in a class but in your life as well." - Irida Mathe, 2014
"I don't know how to express the overwhelming gratitude I feel because, except for the basic training I feel that I have received so much "food" for the future!! Everything begins from now on! I feel the yoga center as a true family that embraced me right from the start, which is due to the environment that Maja creates and of course that is transmitted to the rest of the center" - Eleni T.
"A multidimensional, strong and inspiring training in every way!"
"There is an ever-growing feeling that the deeper I go as a student, the more I desire to invite the world to discover their own path of yoga." - Anna P.
"Being at the teacher training program is a very unique experience, more of a life-training. Obligations and demands only help build faith, molding a stronger character. Faith grows stronger in any direction that the student choses" - Yiannis Plitsos
"It doesn't matter whether one wants to teach yoga professionally or not. Whoever loves and enjoys yoga should attend the training to dive deeply into the Indian philosophy and to find answers to life questions. The training elevates the spiritual practice to the highest" - Dimitris T.
What a weekend of training looks like
8:00-10:20 Methodology of class construction. Two-hour practice with emphasis on drawing support from our relationship to gravity. Focus poses: Standing and basic arm-weight bearing asana
10:20-12:00 Reviewing and discussing the sequencing/theming/emphasis of the class that proceeded. Relevant anatomy (making space in the joints, heal-hip connection, arm-ribcage connection, integrating the limbs into the sockets to reduce tension in the spine, etc). Advantages, counter-indications. Assisting with touch that enhances awarenesss. Use of props (blocks, blankets, straps). How to lead adequate relaxation and grounding after the standing poses.
12:00 - 13:00 Break
13:00 - 15:00 Philosophy: The Bhagavad Gita
15:00 - 16:00 Pranayama: Nadi Shodana pranayama with variations for beginner, intermediate and advanced practitioners
16:00 - 16:30 Closing circle/Meditation/conclusion
Online or hybrid